To address the concern about our posting information and photos of incidents:
- Posts are made to inform our community of incidents in the area that may impede traffic or otherwise cause concern to citizens in the area. This may include surrounding major highways or locations in which the personnel of the Woodland Beach Volunteer Fire Department are assisting other departments.
- We will not release exact addresses of incidents, patient information, photos of patients or any identifying marks on vehicles. Additionally, incident photos will NOT be posted until well after the incident is complete and all relevant parties are notified.
- Incident photos are for educational and informational purposes. Other departments, Fire/Rescue/EMS agencies follow our page and photos and call information may be used for teaching purposes.
- We will not tolerate any vulgarity or sarcastic posts being made, whether directed at the incident itself or other comments on the post. Any posts violating this will be deleted and repeat offenders will be banned from the page.
- We act as a reporting agency for the community. The administrators running this page are members of the department, educated firefighters and EMT’s and have training on what information is appropriate to release at the appropriate times.
- From this date on, information regarding active incidents will be posted on our Facebook page, follow-up to these incidents, if available, will be posted to our website at www.woodlandbeachvfd.com.